2012 Ford Fiesta Econetic
- Latest Fiesta and FiestaVan CO2 emissions lowered to 87g/km, equating to 85.6mpg*
- No vehicle excise duty payable on cars
- New Fiesta Edge, Zetec and Titanium ECOnetic models from £14,445
- FiestaVan ECOnetic from £12,215
he significantly improved efficiency, boosting the environmental performance of the Fiesta and FiestaVan featuring ECOnetic Technology by over 12 per cent, has been achieved through the introduction of:
- Upgrades to the 95PS 1.6TDCi engine including friction and combustion improvements and calibration optimisation
- Revised gear ratios
- Smart regenerative charging
- Improved efficiency of the air conditioning, cooling fan and alternator
Sustainability is important not only for the car, but also for the facilities behind its manufacture. Ford’s Dagenham-built Duratorq TDCi engines are produced in a facility that derives all its electricity from renewable sources, with three dedicated wind turbines.
The Ford Fiesta with ECOnetic Technology has three trim levels to suit different customer requirements: Edge, Zetec or Titanium. Such advanced fuel economy avoids UK road tax (Vehicle Excise Duty) contributions, yet the refinement and fun-to-drive personality of the original Fiesta is retained intact.
2012 Ford Fiesta van
Ford Fiesta's value story continues with five engines in the Fiesta car line-up emitting less than 130g/km of CO2 making them exempt from vehicle excise duty in their first year. This includes the 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre TDCi diesel engines, the 1.25-litre 60PS and 82PS petrol engines and the latest 1.6-litre TDCi 95PS ECOnetic Technology engine.
* All fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures in g/km are from officially approved tests in accordance with EC Directive 93/116/EC. Fuel economy figures quoted are based on the European Fuel Economy Directive EU 80/1268/EEC and will differ from fuel economy drive cycle results in other regions of the world.
[Source : FORD via NEWS PRESS]