2013 Toyota TS030
- Toyota Racing unveils 2013 TS030 Hybrid World Endurance Championship (WEC) contender
- Toyota Racing to run two cars throughout 2013 WEC season
- Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre and Kazuki Nakajima to drive TS030 Hybrid #7
- Anthony Davidson confirmed to run in TS030 Hybrid #8 with Stéphane Sarrazin and Sébastien Buemi
- Improvements made to powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics for 2013 season.
- Season commences at Silverstone on 14 April
Toyota Racing will run a two car team for the WEC season. Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre and Kazuki Nakajima team up again in the #7 TS030 Hybrid. TS030 Hybrid #8 will compete outside of Le Mans for the first time, with a team of Anthony Davidson, Stéphane Sarrazin and Sébastien Buemi.
The 2013 TS030 Hybrid uses a revised version of the Toyota Racing hybrid system first used in 2012. The super capacitor-based system delivers 300hp of boost automatically, on top of the 530hp generated by a 3.4 litre, normally-aspirated V8 petrol engine.
Ahead of the new regulations due to be enforced in 2014, the team has fine-tuned the powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics to improve power, efficiency, management of component usage and reliability.
The complete WEC schedule is: Silverstone,UK (14 April); Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium (4 May); Le Mans, France (22 June); Sao Paulo, Brazil (1 September); Austin, United States (22 September); Fuji, Japan (20 October); Shanghai, China (10 November); Bahrain (30 November).
[Source : TOYOTA]